ST is a global semiconductor company with net revenues of US$ 6.97 billion in 2016.
Offering one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios, ST serves customers across the spectrum of electronics applications with innovative semiconductor solutions for Smart Driving and the Internet of Things. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
- Among the world’s largest semiconductor companies
- A leading Integrated Device Manufacturer serving all electronics segments
- A leading technology innovator (approximately 7,500 people working in R&D, ~16,000 owned patents in ~9,500 patent families and ~500 new patent filings in 2016)
- Delivering solutions that are key to Smart Driving and the Internet of Things
- Rich and diversified portfolio (discrete and standard commodity components, ASICs, full custom devices and semi-custom devices, and Application-Specific Standard Products)
- A pioneer and visionary leader in sustainability
- Corporate Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- President and CEO: Carlo Bozotti
- 2016 revenue: $6.97 billion
- Approximately 43,500 employees
- Over 75 sales & marketing offices in 35 countries
- 11 main manufacturing sites
- Public since 1994 - shares traded on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: STM), Euronext Paris, and Borsa Italiana
- Created as SGS-THOMSON Microelectronics in June 1987, from merger of SGS Microelettronica (Italy) and Thomson Semiconducteurs (France) Renamed STMicroelectronics in May 1998
ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter homes, factories, and cities, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.